Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2015, Issue 179, pp 5-19.
Vovk Maiia I.,PhD (Biology), Head of Bioelectronic Control and Medical Cybernetics Department of the International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, av. Acad. Glushkova, 40, Kiev, 03187, Ukraine, e-mail: email@example.com
Galyan Yevgeniya B., Junior Researcher of Bioelectronic Control and Medical Cybernetics Department of International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, av. Acad. Glushkova, 40, Kiev, 03187, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PERSONАLIZED BIOTECHNICAL SYSTEM TO RESTORE SPEECH
Introduction. In previous studies, we proposed a new method and technology to restore speech based on biotechnical system of hand movement control. To support operator’s choice of personalized control actions we had to include the information component in the technical subsystem.
The purpose of this research is to develop the structural and functional model of personalized biotechnical system to restore speech, to determine functionality and relationship of the system components and to describe the structure, content and functions of the information component.
Methods. We used information and structural modeling, structural and functional modeling, Unified Modeling Language (UML).
Results. In this paper we present a structural and functional model of personalized biotechnical system of hand movement control to restore speech and define structure and functionality of its components. The functional relationships between the components of the system, transformation and orderliness of information circulating within and between components are described. We paid a particular attention to the information component. It provides support for the operator activity to choice personalized parameters of rehabilitation course and gives tools for operator’s learning of technology to restore speech in online and for storage of clinical information. The structure of information component, its content and the realization in PC architecture are described. Peculiarities of algorithmic and logical implementation of operations performed by informational component are represented in the activity diagram of decision support block in UML notation. Elements of information component such as electronic library, decision support block, a database of medical records are realized using software Swish Max 4.0, Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, Visual Studio 2013.
Conclusions. Personalized biotechnical system to restore speech under consideration is an intellectual, logical thinking, teaching system due to information component that is included into its structure.
Keywords: personalized biotechnical system, speech restoring, information system, hand movement control, structural and functional model, decision support block.
1. Semenova К.А. Cerebral Palsy. Moscow: «Meditsina», 1968. 259 p. (in Russian).
2. Danilova L.А. Correction methods for speech and mental development in children with cerebral palsy. Moscow: «Meditsina», 1977. 95 p. (in Russian).
3. Mishchenko Т.S. Risk factors and clinical features of patients with different subtypes of ischemic stroke. International medical journal. 2011, vol. 17, no 3, pp. 27–32. (in Russian).
4. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B., Podoprigora Ye.N. Information technology for movement control of the hand used to restore the motor component of speech. Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, 2014, no 175, pp.20–30. (in Russian).
5. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Restoring of motor component of speech based on muscle movement control. Theoretical grounding. Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, 2012,no 167, pp.51–60. (in Russian).
6. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B., Podoprigora Ye.N. Method for the treatment of speech disorders. Ukraine patent for utility model № 95347. Bul. No 24. 25.12.14. (in Ukrainian).
7. Antomonov Yu. G., Kotova A. B. Functional load of human in the structure of biotechnical system. Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, 1989, no. 84, pp. 66–73. (in Russian).
8. Gritsenko V.І., Kotova A.B., Vovk M.I., Kozak L.M. Information technology in biology and medicine. Lectures: Tutorial. Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2007. 381 p. (in Russian).
9. Vovk M.I. Bioinformation technology of motor control of a person. Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, 2010, no. 161, pp. 42–52. (in Russian).
10. Galyan Ye.B. The information component of hand movements training technology for speech restoration. Biomedical Engineering and Electronics , 2014, no 2. Available at: www.es.rae.ru/biofbe/199-958 (date: 18.08.2014) (in Russian).
11. Galyan Ye.B. Algorithm of parameter selection for hand movement training to restore speech. Biological and Medical Informatics and Cybernetic for Health Care: materials of annual science and technology seminar. Kiev: Zhukin Physical and Mathematical School, 18–22 June 2012. K: Acad. of Sciences of Ukraine, ITRC of IT and S, 2014. — available at http://www.irtc.org.ua /Inform/135_2014.pdf (in Russian).
12. Borgman C.L., Bates M.J., Cloonan M.V., Efthimiadis E.N., GillilandSwetland A.J., Kafai Y., Leazer G.L., Maddox A. Social aspects of digital libraries. Final Report to the National Science Foundation (1996) Los Angeles UCLA. Feb 16–17. — available at: http://is.gseis .ucla.edu/research/dl/index.html (date: 20.09.2014) (in Russian).
13. Anisimova N.S. Theoretical basis and methodology of use of multimedia technology in teaching. Thesis … Doctor of Education. St. Petersburg, 2002. 330 p.(in Russian).
14. Savchenko N.A. Using the multimedia technologies in general secondary education. М.: RUDN, 2006. Available at: http://www.ido.rudn.ru/nfk/mult/mult4.html (in Russian).