Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2017, Issue 1 (187), pp.80-96
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of the NAS of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine,
av. Acad. Glushkova, 40, Kiev, 03680, Ukraine
HIERARCHICAL MODELING — THE BASIS OF TECHNOLOGY OF PRECLINICAL TESTING OF GLYCEMIC LEVEL CONTROL ALGORITHMS
Introduction. In recent years there have been fundamental changes in the understanding of the requirements for the possibilities of using mathematical models. Now the model can not be seen as a self-contained object of research but as well as an element of integrated formulation of task management. Thereby it becomes information technology tool to solve this problem. It is possible to use the simulation results not only to solve control problems, but also for wider use — in the development of information systems support decision making in medical treatment and diagnostic process.
The purpose of the article is to summarize the experience in the development of hierarchical modeling technology of the system regulation of blood glucose using models different levels of complexity in a single technological cycle.
Methods. Structural and functional modeling, hierarchical modeling, methods of synthesis of mathematical models, methods for parameter identification and verification of models, methods of control theory.
Results. On the example of the regulation of blood glucose system is developed hierarchical modeling technology, based on the simultaneous use in a single technological cycle mathematical models of various levels of complexity: MAX, MIDI, MINI. The first type — a high level of complexity of the model — MAX-model — the closest to the modern ideas about the laws regulating the functioning of the system — used to simulate the object of research. The second type — these are more simple models of research object — MIDI model, — are used for the synthesis of control actions and fulfil the prediction function. The third type — the models are still at a lower level of complexity. — MINI model. Differential equations of these models have the analytical solutions and therefore it can possibly to calculate the control actions and functions of the forecast for calculation formulas.
Conclusions. This arrangement extends the range of simulation tasks and allows to analyze, at the stages of theoretical research and pre-clinical testing, the various aspects of the synthesis and test the effectiveness of the control algorithms that are relevant in diabetology.
Keywords: hierarchical simulation, system regulation of blood glucose, control algorithms, preclinical testing.
- Karpel`ev V.A., Fylyppov Y.I., Tarasov Yu et al. Mathematical modeling of blood glucose regulation system in patients with diabetes. Herald of the RAMS. 2015. Vol. 70. №. 5. P. 549–570. (In Russian).
- Gomenyuk S.M., S.A. Emelyanov, Karpenko A.P., Tchernetsov S.A. Review of methods and forecasting systems of optimal insulin doses for patients with type 1 diabetes. Information tehnologies. 2010; (3). P. 48–57. (In Russian).
- Cobelli C., C. Dalla Man, G. Sparacino et al. Diabetes: models, signals, and control. IEEE reviews in biomedical engineering. 2009. №. 2. P. 54–96.
- Palumbo P., S.Ditlevsen, A.Bertuzzi, A. De Gaetano. Mathematical modeling of the glucose–insulin system: A review. Mathematical biosciences. 2013. Vol. 244. №. 2. P. 69–81.
- Nefedov V.P., Jasaitis A.A., Novoseltsev V.N. et al. Homeostasis at different levels of biological systems organization et al. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1991. 232 p. (In Russian)
- Drishel G. Regulation of blood sugar level. Regulatory processes in biology. M.: Nauka, 1960. P. 63–85 (In Russian).
- Goldman S. On the question of cybernetic aspects of homeostasis. Self-organizing systems. Moscow: Nauka, 1964. P. 40–62. (In Russian).
- Bolie V. Coefficients оf normal blood glucose regulation. J. Appl. Physiol. 1961. Vol. 16. P. 783–788.
- Ackerman E., Gatewood L.C., Rosevear J.W., Molnar D.G. A mathematical model of the glucose-tolerance test. Phys. Med. Biol. 1964. Vol. 9 P. 203–215.
- Segre C., G.L. Turco, G. Vercelione. Modelling blood glucose and insulin kinetics in normal? Diabetics and obese subjects. Diabetes. 1973. Vol. 22. P. 94–
- Bergman E.E., J. Urquhart. The pilot giand approach to the study of insulin secretory dynamics. Recent Progr. Hormone Res. 1971.Vol. 27. P. 583–
- Grodsky C.N., D. Curry, H. Landahi, L. Bennett. Purther studies of the dynamics aspects of insulin release in vitro, with evidence for the two-compartmental storage system. Acta diabet. Latina. 1969. Vol. 6, Suppl. № 1. P. 554–579.
- Biekomeditsina. Single Information Space / Ed. V.I. Gritsenko. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka, 2001. 318 p. (In Russian).
- Antomonov Y.G., Kiforenko S.I., Mikulskaya I.A., Parokonnaya N.K. The mathematical theory of blood glucose system. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka, 1971. 82 p. (In Russian)
- State and prospects of development of science in Ukraine (group of authors). Kiev: Nauk.dumka, 2010. 1008 p. (In Russian)
- Antomonov Yu., S. Kiforenko, B. Allamiarov et al. Theoretical investigation of carbohydrate and lipometabolism systems and use of simplified mathematical models for control. Kybernetes. 1977. Vol.6. № 4. P. 297–303.
- Allamiyarov B.U., Kiforenko S.I. Experimental study and mathematical modeling of some indicators of carbohydrate and fat-lipid metabolism dynamics in a single injection of adrenaline. Mathematical models in biology. Kiev: Inst. of Cybernetics, 1974. P. 17–24 (In Russian).
- Allamiyarov BU, Khamdamov R. Identification of the mathematical model of the level of glucose and blood free fatty acids control in diabetes. Proc. of the Academy of Sciences of the Uzbek SSR, Ser. tehn. Science, 1982. № 4. P. 38–43 (In Russian).
- Cobelli, C. Federspil, G. Pacini et al. An integrated mathematical model of the dynamics of blood glucose and its hormonal control. Math. Biosci. 1981. Vol. 5. P.27–60.
- Dartau L.A., Orkina E.L., Novoseltsev V.N., Sklyanik A.L. Carbohydrate metabolism: Integral models. Engineering physiology and modeling of the body’s systems. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1987. P. 54–69 (In Russian)
- Albisser A.M., Y Y. Аmasaki, О.Broekhuyse, I. Tiran. Hypercomplex models of insulin and glucose dynamics: do they predict experimental results. Ann. Biomed. Engin. 1980. Vol. 8. P.539–557.
- Соbelli C., Е. Ruggari. Evaluation of portal/periphersi route and of algoritme for insulin delivery in the closed-loop control of glucose in diabetes. A modeling etudy. IEES Tranzasct .Biomed. Eng. 1983. Vol. 30. P. 93–103.
- Соbelli C., A. Mari. Control of diabetes with artificial systeme for insulin delivery algorithm independent limitаtions revealed by a modeling study. IEEE Transact. Biomed. Eng. 1985. Vol. 32. P. 840–845.
- Cobelli C. Modelling and identifications of endocrine-metabolic systems. Theoretical aspects and their importance in practice. Math. Biosci. 1984. Vol. 72. № 2. P. 263–289.
- Lapta S.I., S.S. Lapta. Functionally-phenomenological model of oral glucose-tolerance test. Problems of bionics. 2000. № 52. P. 52–57 (In Russian).
- Lapta S.S., L.A. Pospelov, O.I. Solovyov. Computer early diagnosis of diabetes by methods of mathematical modelling. Vestn. NTU “KhPI”. 2014. №36 (1079). P. 55–61 (In Russian).
- E.I. Sokol, S.S. Lapta. Mathematical model of carbohydrate metabolism regulation Vestn. NTU “KhPI”. 2015. №33 (1142). P. 152–157 (In Russian).
- Zhevnin A.A., Kolesnikov K.S., Kryschenko A.P., & Toloknov V.I. Synthesis of Terminal Control algorithms based on the concepts of inverse dynamics problems (review). Proc. AN SSSR. Tech. Cybernetics. 1985, № 4. P. 180–188 (In Russian).
- Glushkov V.M., Amosov N.M., Antomonov Yu. et al. Methods of mathematical biology. V. 5. Methods of analysis and synthesis of biological control systems. Kiev: Vishcha shk., 1983. 272 p. (In Russian).
- Novoseltsev V.N. Mathematical modeling in the age of computers. Moscow: Inst. probl. upr. RAN, 2002 (In Russian).
- Kiforenko S.I. Conceptual bases of simulation study: the system of carbohydrate metabolism — the external control system. Cybernetics and Computer Science. Iss. 110. 1997. P. 64–71 (In Russian).