KVT, 2016, Issue 185, pp.5-20
MODELLING OF MULTI-COMPONENT SIGNALS IN A CHRONOPOTENTIOMETRY
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
Introduction. In the inversion chronopotentiometry a differential reverse signal of inversion is considered as linear sum of components measuring that are located on the base curve of the lower envelope. The signal is similar to the spectrum of components after its subtracting and can be analyzed by the chromatographic methods or spectroscopic analysis.
The purpose of the article is to develop a method of modelling multi-component signals, provided that the spectra is spaced apart and the overlap of the spectral components is small.
Methods. Preliminary determination of the parameters of the approximation of the individual spectral components and the base curve is performed. An iterative model of the multi-component signal is sought in the form of generalized polynomial of linearly independent functions by least squares method. At a negative value approximation coefficient corresponding spectral component is considered to be erroneous or not.
Results. In the given example the use of the modelling method has allowed to reduce relative error in determining the concentration of copper from 18,9% to 1,5%, compared to the conventional analysis.
Conclusion. The proposed method of modelling and algorithms of its implementation allow eliminating the subjective factor that is associated with the experience and skills of chemist-analyst when selecting boundaries of turndown component that allows increasing the accuracy, repeatability and reliability of determining the concentration of chemical elements.
Keywords: modelling, algorithm, spectrum, chronopotentiometry.
- ZakharovМ.S., Bakanov V.I., Pnev V.V. Сhronopotentiometry. М.: Chemistry, 1978, 199 p. (in Russian).
- Surovtsev I.V. Transformation of data structure in determining the concentration by methods of inversion chronopotentiometry. Kibernetika i vyčislitelʹnaâ tehnika, 2015, № 180, pp.4–14 (in Russian).
- Heyrovsky J, Kuta J. Fundamentals of polarography. М.: Mir, 1965, 559 p. (in Russian).
- Karnaukhov A.I., Grynevych V.V., Skobets E.M. Differential variant of inversion chronopotentiometry with a given resistance in oxidative circuit. Ukrainian chemical journal, 1973, № 39, pp. 710–714 (in Ukrainian).
- Britz D. Digital Simulation in Electrochemistry. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2005, 338 p.
- Model 600C Series Electrochemical Analyzer/Workstation. User’s Manual/CH Instruments, Inc. Available at: http://www.chinstruments.com/chi600.shtml.
- Surovtsev I.V., Tatarinov A.E., Galimov S.K. The modeling of the Differential Chronopotentiograms by the Sum of Normal Distributions. Control System and Computers, 2009, № 5, pp. 40–45 (in Russian).
- Lebedev А.Т. Comprehensive environmental mass spectrometry. ILM Publications, London, UK, 2012, 510 p.
- Budde W.L. Analytical mass spectrometry. Strategies for environmental and related applications. Oxford university Press, 2001, 386 p.
- LECO. Available at: http://www.davinci-ls.com/en/products/systems-software/gc-ms/186-leco-chromatof-software.html.
- Enke C.G., Newcome B.H. [et al]. High repetition rate transient recorder with automatic integration. Patent 4,490,806 U.S., Dec.25, 1984.
- Enke C.G. [et al]. Time-compressed chromatography in mass spectrometry. Patent 5,175,430 U.S., Dec.29, 1992.
- Scholkmann F., Boss J., Wolf M. An efficient algorithm for automatic peak detection in noisy periodic and quasi-periodic signals. Algorithms, 2012, № 5, pp.588-603.
- Fredriksson M. Efficient algorithms for highly automated evaluation of liquid chromatography – mass spectrometry data. Department of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Mathematics Mid Sweden University, 2010, Available at: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2: 387684/FULLTEXT01.pdf.
- AMDIS. Available at: http://www.amdis.net/What_is_AMDIS/MDIS_Literature_and_ Downloads/amdis_literature_and_downloads.html.
- Software computer Mir-1 and Mir-2. Numerical methods. К.: Naukova Dumka, Vol. 1, 1976, 280 p. (in Russian).