Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2017, Issue 1 (187), pp.67-80
Kovalenko A.S., Dr Medicine, Prof., Head of Department of Medical Information Systems
Kozak L.M., Dr Biology, Leading Researcher of Department of Medical Information Systems
Romanyuk O.A., Junior Researcher of Department of Medical Information Systems
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of the NAS of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine,
av. Acad. Glushkova, 40, Kiev, 03680, Ukraine
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR DIGITAL MEDICINE
Introduction. The need of health care institutions in the repeated use of digital medical images by different specialists during patient care and long-term storage for the analysis of diagnostic information determines the relevance of this work. The need for means and methods of storage of digital medical data with their subsequent processing and analysis, as well as on mobile devices for the collection, digital data processing and exchange increase.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the experience of creating medical information systems, the development of information technology support the storage and processing of digital medical information and the further development of information technology for digital medicine.
Results. Employees of the department of medical information systems for more than 20 years of activities of the International Research and Training Centre for Information Technologies and Systems NAS and MES of Ukraine solved the problem of constructing the medical information systems and information diagnostics technologies with the use of electronic medical records, methods and means of the mathematical analysis of medical data. The developed technology support for storing and processing digital medical information combines into a single functional network the medical information system, instrumental diagnostic systems and a system of conservation and archiving digital medical images. PACS and cloud technologies was used for long-term storage of digital medical images.
Conclusion. Organization of long-term storage of digital medical images obtained from the diagnostic systems in health care facilities, and the ability to use this information by doctors at their workplace in the current diagnostic and treatment process was provided by using the developed information technology support for storing and processing digital medical information.
Keywords: medical information system, information technology, digital medical imaging, long-term storage.
- Amosov N.M. Voices of Times. Kiev, Oranta-Press, 1999. 500 p. (in Russian).
- Medical Information System. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka, 1975. 508 p. (in Russian).
- Kozak L.M., Elizarov V.A. Automated system for determining the characteristics of the intellectual and emotional components of the human mental health. Ukrainskiy zhurnal med.tekhniki ta tekhnologii. 1995. Iss. 3. P. 59–66 (in Russian).
- Garbuz Y.I., Bogatyreva R.V., Kovalenko A.S. et al. National Computer Information System for monitoring the epidemic process in Ukraine. Monitoring technology. Vrachebnoye delo. 1999. №3. P. 3–12 (in Russian).
- Sinekop Y.S., Kovalenko O.S., Matrosova G.A. The use of computer technology to analyze problems of health and medical diagnostics. Elektronika i svyaz. 2001. №11. P. 114–117 (in Russian).
- Budnyk M., Kovalenko A., Berezovska T., Kozlovsky V. Finding of ROI Intervals at Cardiocycle for CAD Study in Magnetocardiography. International Journal of Bioelectromagnetism. 2003. Vol. 5, N 1. P. 107–108.
- Kozak L.M., Lukashenko M.V. Monitoring and correction students’ functional state by the information technology tools. Cybernetics and Computer Engineering. 176. 2014. P. 74–84.
- Yevtushenko A.S., Kozak L.M., Cochina M.L., Yaworskij A.V. The results of the use of factor models for the evaluation of human functional state when the visual work. Ukrainskiy zhurnal meditsini, biologii ta sportu. 2015. № 2 (2). P. 70–74 (in Russian).
- Rogozinskaya N.S., Kozak L.M. Dataware technologies automated health monitoring. Kibernetika i sistemnyy analiz. 2013. № 6. P. 162–173 (in Russian).
- Krivova O.A., Kozak L.M. Comprehensive assessment of regional demographic development. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 182. 2015. P. 70–84 (in Russian).
- Vasylyk P.V., Kovalenko A.S., Bychkov V.V., Vasilega A.G. The role of environmental factors in the occurrence of bursts of accidents on the roads. Ukraina. Zdorov’ya natsii. 2008. №3–4 (7–8) p. 35–40 (in Russian).
- Bychkov V.V. Theoretical basis of forecasting the risks of emergencies. Environment and health. 2009. № 4 (51). P. 12–14 (in Ukrainian).
- Provotar A.I. Vasylyk P.V. Model wave and interaction: theoretical and applied aspect. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka. 2014. 296 p. (in Russian).
- Kovalenko O.S., Golubchikov N.V., Orlova N.M. Information systems in health and basic requirements for their creation. Management of health care. №1. 2007. P. 42–46 (in Ukrainian).
- Litvinov A.A., Kovalenko A.S., Golubchikov M.V. Features of the design of the subsystem “Statistics” hospital information system. Control systems and machine. 2007. №5. P. 61–67 (in Russian).
- Pezentsali A.A., Kozak L.M., Kovalenko A.S. Functional model as the basis for management of the project to develop an integrated information system of medical institution. Control systems and machines. 2008. № 4. P. 3–10 (in Russian).
- Kovalenko A.S., Kozak L.M., Ostashko V.G. Telemedicine — the development of a single medical information space. Control systems and machines. 2005. № 3. P. 86–92 (in Russian).
- Lazorishinets V.V., Slabkiy G.O., Kovalenko O.S et al. Health Informatization of Ukraine and the development of telemedicine. Zhytomyr: Polissya, 2010. 228 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Gritsenko V.I., Kozak L.M., Kovalenko A.S. et al. Medical information systems as part of a single medical information space. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2013. 174. P. 30–46 (in Russian).
- Kovalenko O.S., Buryak V.I. Standardization of information systems of health care on the basis of European integration. Clinical Informatics and Telemedicine. 2004. № 1. P. 35–40 (in Ukrainian).
- Kovalenko A.S., Pezentsali A.A., Carenko E.K. Problems of standardization in the field of medical information technology. Clinical Informatics and telemedicine. 2011. Vol 7. Iss. 8. P. 111–114 (in Russian).
- Romaniuk O. A., Kovalenko A.S., Kozak L.M. Information support interoperability of instrumental studies and long-term storage of digital medical imaging in health care system. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2016. 184. P. 56–71 (in Russian).
- The system of storage and processing of medical images. Medical grid. URL:http://medgrid.isma.kharkov.ua. Free (29.09.2016)