Issue 4 (194), article 5
Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2018, Issue 4 (194), pp.
Vovk M.I., PhD (Biology), Senior Researcher,
Head of Bioelectrical Control & Medical Cybernetics Department
e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies
and Systems of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine,
Glushkov ave., 40, Kiev, 03680 GSP, Ukraine
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OF MOVEMENT CONTROL. EVOLUTION OF SYNTHESIS AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
Introduction. Movement training is one of the main factors to mobilize person’s reserves for movement restoration
The purpose of the article is to consider the theoretical and technological bases of the evolution of synthesis of biotechnical systems for motion control, to show the role of new information technologies and means of digital medicine in the synthesis of systems for personal control of movements for the restoration of motor and speech functions that are affected by pathology.
Results. The evolution of the synthesis of technologies of bioelectric control of human movements is given in the analysis of several generations of programmed muscle electrostimulators such as MIOTON, MIOSTIMUL and the new class of digital medicine devices TRENAR®. The main feature of these devices is the use of specially processed electromyographic (EMG) signals as programs to control signals of electrical stimulation and feedback. The principles, criteria, methods, programs, on the basis of which the innovative technology of personal training / restoration of movements TRENAR® is synthesized are considered. The computer program-apparatus complex “PROMOVА-1” is presented, that implements new technology of personal reconstruction of oral speech after a stroke based on the original techniques of fine motor hand training. Prospective studies are aimed at the synthesis of mobile informational and consulting assistance to the doctor in diagnosing the deficit of motor and speech functions and the formation of individual rehabilitation plans; at the synthesis of technologies to control muscle activity coordination during the performance of coordinated movements and rehabilitation treatment of posture defects.
Conclusion. Current researches are aimed at the further development of such priority areas in medicine as an individual approach to treatment, digital medicine, mobile health based on new information technologies.
Keywords: bioelectric control, movement, speech, coordination, posture, personal rehabilitation, methods, programs, myelectrostimulation, digital medicine.
1. Inventor’s certificate 190525 USSR. The method of motor control / L. Aleev, S. Bunimovich. No 1019769/31-16; claimed 26.06.65; published 29.12.66, Bull. No 2. (in Russian).
2. Aleev L.S. Bioelectrical system “Mioton” and motor functions of a person. Bull. of AS of USSR. 1969. Iss. 4. P. 70–80 (in Russian).
3. Aleev L.S., Vovk M.I., Gorbanev V., Shevchenko A. «Mioton» in motor control. Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1980. 142 p. (in Russian).
4. Inventor’s certificate 321 245 USSR. The method of motor control of a person / L. Aleev, S. Bunimovich, M. Vovk, V. Gorbanev, A. Shevchenko. No1455753/31-16; claimed 22.06.1970; registered 03.09.1971. (in Russian).
5. Inventor’s certificate 929 054 USSR. Multichannel device for adaptive bioelectrical motor control of a person / L. Aleev, M. Vovk, V. Goranev, A. Shevchenko. No 2428608/28-13; claimed 13.12.76; published 23.05.82, Bull. № 19 (in Russian).
6. Inventor’s certificate 976 952 USSR Multichannel device for adaptive bioelectrical motor control of a person / L. Aleev, M. Vovk, V. Goranev, A. Shevchenko. No 2436412/28-13; claimed 03.01.77; published 30.11.82, Bull. №44. (in Russian).
7. Bioelectrically controlled electric stimulator of human muscles: United States Patent 4,165,750 Aug. 28, 1979.
8. Gritsenko V.I., Kotova A., Vovk M et.al. Information technology in Biology and Medicine. Lecture course. Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2007. 382 p. (in Ukrainian).
9. Vovk M.I. Bioinformatic technology of motor control of a person. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2010. Iss. 161. P. 42–52 (in Russian).
10. “Trenar” — innovative technology for motor restoration. Materials of the International scientific — practical forum «The Science and Business — a basis of development of economy». Dnepropetrovsk, 2012. P. 204.
11. Vovk M.I. Bioinformatic technology of motor control as the direction of biological and medical cybernetics. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2013. № 174. P. 56–70 (in Russian).
12. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Restoring of motor component of speech based on muscle movement control. Theoretical grounding. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2012. № 167. P. 51–60 (in Russian).
13. The way to treat speech desorders: pat. UA, A61N 1/36, no. 111388, claimed 03.06.2014, publshed 25.04.2016, Bulletin no 18 (in Ukrainian).
14. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Personаlized biotechnical system to restore speech. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika.. 2015. Iss. 179. P. 5–19 (in Russian).
15. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Organization of Intelligent Hand Movements Control to Restore Speech. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2016. Iss. 184. P. 25–43 (in Russian).
16. Galyan Ye.B. Specialized software module of speech rehabilitation technology, architecture and functional interaction of its components. Control Systems and Machines. 2014. Iss. 6. P. 52–58 (in Russian).
17. Vovk M.I., Peleshok S.R., Galyan Ye.B. Ovcharenko M.A. The method of assessment of motor and sensory speech disorders. Collected papers of scientific-information center “Knowledge” based on XІ International correspondence scientific-practical conference: «The development of science in the XXI century», part 3. Kharkiv: collected papers. Donetsk: Scientific-information center “Knowledge”, 2016. P. 70–76 (in Russian).
18. Vovk M.I., Kutsyak O.A., Lauta A.D., Ovcharenko M.A. Information Support of Researches on the Dynamics of Movement Restoration After the Stroke. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika.. 2017. № 3 (189). P. 61–78 (in Ukrainian).
19. Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B., Kutsyak O.A., Lauta A.D. Formation of individual complex of control actions for motor and speech rehabilitation after a stroke. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2018. № 3 (193). P. 43–63. (in Ukrainian).