Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2017, Issue 1 (187), pp.49-67
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of the NAS of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine,
av. Acad. Glushkova, 40, Kiev, 03680, Ukraine
BIOENGINEERING SYSTEMS FOR HUMAN MOTOR FUNCTIONS CONTROL
Introduction. Movement training is one of the main factors to mobilize person’s reserves for movement restoration
The purpose of the article is to present the results of theoretical and applied researches focused on synthesis of information technologies for human motion control based on bioengineering systems as external control circuits.
Results. The evolution of bioengineering systems for motor control — multichannel electronic devices “Mioton-2”, “Mioton-3M”, “Mioton-604”, “Miokor”, adaptive device “Miostimul” and a new class of portable electronic devices of digital medicine for personal, biologically adequate, motor control “TRENAR®” are considered. Special EMG — signals processing and its transformation into informative visual and sound signals, that describe muscle contractions are used to develop different programms for muscle control. These programs based on different methods of muscle electrical stimulation and biofeedback are aimed on activaton of additional brain reserves to restore motor functions. New method and technology to restore motor speech, based on original technique of fine motor hand training by the technology “Trenar” is described. The results of clinical testing confirmed its effectiveness in motor speech restoration after the stroke.
Conclusion. The main benefits of the technology “Trenar” that leads to the increasing in efficiency of motor and speech rehabilitation are as follows: advanced range of training programs, based on different methods, original techniques of fine motor hand training allows one to select individual approach to rehabilitation process.
Keywords: bioengineering systems, electronic devices, bioelectric control, muscle stimulation, biofeedback, electromyographic signal, rehabilitation, movement, speech, personal approach.
- Inventor’s certificate 190525 USSR. The method of motor control / L. Aleev, S. Bunimovich. No 1019769/31-16; claimed 26.06.65; published 29.02.67, Bull. No 2. (in Russian).
- Aleev L.S. Bioelectrical system “Mioton” and motor functions of a person. Bull. of AS of USSR. 1969. Iss. 4. P. 70–80 (in Russian).
- Inventor’s certificate 321 245 USSR. The method of motor control of a person /
L. Aleev, S. Bunimovich, M. Vovk, V. Gorbanev, A. Shevchenko. No1455753/31-16; claimed 22.06.1970; registered 03.09.1971. (in Russian).
- Aleev L.S., Vovk M.I., Gorbanev V., Shevchenko A. «Mioton» in motor control. Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1980. 142 p. (in Russian).
- Judin A.V., Shikova T.N. Miotonoterapiya in treatment of neuropathies. City Clinical Hospital №1 Togliatti. URL: http://www.f-med.ru/scient/nt_mitonoterapia.php (in Russian) (date of the application:11.11.16).
- Inventor’s certificate 929 054 USSR. Multichannel device for adaptive bioelectrical motor control of a person / L. Aleev, M. Vovk, V. Goranev, A. Shevchenko.
No 2428608/28-13; claimed 13.12.76; published 23.05.82, Bull. № 19 (in Russian).
- Inventor’s certificate 976 952 USSR Multichannel device for adaptive bioelectrical motor control of a person / L. Aleev, M. Vovk, V. Goranev, A. Shevchenko.
No 2436412/28-13; claimed 03.01.77; published 30.11.82, Bull. №44. (in Russian).
- Bioelectrically controlled electric stimulator of human muscles: United States Patent 4,165,750 Aug. 28, 1979.
- Elektrischer Anreger fur Menschenmuskeln mit bioelektrisher Steuerung: Deutshes Patentamt DE 2 811 463. 14.03.85 (in German).
- Vovk M.I., Kiforenko S.I., Kotova A. Biological and Biotechnical Systems as Purposeful Ones. Systems and Machines for Control. 2005. No 3. P.16–24 (in Russian).
- Gritsenko V.I., Kotova A., Vovk M et.al. Information technology in Biology and Medicine. Lecture course. K.: Nauk. Dumka, 2007. 382 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Vovk M.I. Bioinformatic technology of motor control of a person. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika.. 2010. Iss. 161. P. 42–52 (in Russian).
- “Trenar” — innovative technology for motor restoration. Materials of the International scientific — practical forum «The Science and Business — a basis of development of economy». Dnepropetrovsk, 2012. P. 204–206 (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I. Bioinformatic technology of motor control as the direction of biological and medical cybernetics. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2013. № 174. P. 56–70 (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I. New opportunities for movement and speech rehabilitation. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2016. Iss.186. P. 78–93 (in Russian).
- Anohin P.K. The Sketches on Physiology of Functional Systems. Moscow: Medicine, 1975. 447 p. (in Russian).
- The method of Motor Control of a Person: pat. 41 795, Ukraine: IPC А61 N 1/36. No u 200814822; claimed 23.12.08; published 10.06.09, Bull. No 11. (in Ukrainian).
- Electrical stimulator: patent 32376, Ukraine: IPC А61 N 1/36. No u 2008 00632; claimed 18.01.08; published 12.05.08, Bull. No 9. (in Ukrainian).
- The Device for Electrical Stimulation with Biocontrol TRENAR-01. The Technique for Using / M. Vovk, V. Gorbanev, A. Shevchenko // The Inventor’s Certificate on author’s product right № 26 836, Ukraine — 09.12.2008 (in Ukrainian).
- The Device for Electrical Stimulation with Biofeedback TRENAR-02. The Technique for Using / M. Vovk, V. Gorbanev, A. Shevchenko // The Inventor’s Certificate on author’s product right № 37243, Ukraine. 04.03.2011 (in Ukrainian).
- Koltsova М.М. Motor activity and development of the child’s brain functions. М.: “Pedagogika”, 1973. 143 p. (in Russian).
- The way to treat speech desorders: pat. UA 111388, IPC A61N 1/36. No а 2014 06 092; claimed 03.06.2014, published 25.04.2016, Bull. No 18. (in Ukrainian).
- Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Restoring of motor component of speech based on muscle movement control. Theoretical grounding. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2012. № 167. P. 51–60 (in Russian).
- The way to treat speech desorders: pat. UA, A61N 1/36, no. 111388, claimed 03.06.2014, publshed 25.04.2016, Bulletin no 18 (in Ukrainian).
- Galyan Ye.B. Specialized software module of speech rehabilitation technology, architecture and functional interaction of its components. Control Systems and Machines. 2014. Iss. 6. P. 52–58 (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Organization of Intelligent Hand Movements Control to Restore Speech. Kibernetika i vyčislitelnaâ tehnika. 2016. Iss. 184. P. 25–43 (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I., Peleshok S.R., Galyan Ye.B. Ovcharenko M.A. The method of assessment of motor and sensory speech disorders. Collected papers of scientific-information center “Knowledge” based on XІ International correspondence scientific-practical conference: «The development of science in the XXI century», part 3. Kharkiv: collected papers. D.: scientific-information center “Knowledge”, 2016. p. 70–76 (in Russian).