Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, 2020, 2(200)
Belov V.M., DSc (Medicine), Professor,
Head of the Department
Hontar T.M., PhD (Biology),
Kobzar T.A., PhD (Medicine),
International Research and Training Centre for Information Technologies
and Systems of the NAS and MES of Ukraine, Department of Application Mathematical and Technical Methods in Biology and Medicine
40, Glushkov av., Kyiv, 03187, Ukraine
HEALTH SELF-ESTEEM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR REHABILITATION OF POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
Introduction. Contemporary research aimed at preserving and maintaining human health is based on the use of intellectual information technology, developed on methodology of a systematic approach to the category of health as a trinity of its physical, mental and social aspects. The importance of a comprehensive approach to human health becomes especially evident in the case of breach of the harmonious interaction of the human body and personality with the environment in the example of post-traumatic stress disorder. At the present stage of economic and political development of the state, the factor of negative psychogenic impact on the health of the population has significantly increased. The creation of information technology for the assessment of health and rehabilitation of a person having post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) would make it possible to turn the rehabilitation process into a manageable and controlled one.
The purpose of the paper is to determine the information structure of post-traumatic stress disorder and the formation of main provisions of information technology of health self-assessment for the rehabilitation of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Results. The paper deals with the assessment of integral health level for people having PTSD and psychological and social rehabilitation of such patients. General features of psychogenic disorders and theoretical features of formation of post-traumatic stress disorder are discussed, taking into account the possibilities of the information approach. Information field of post-traumatic syndrome in general is offered, where on the basis of available literature the main exogenous stressors, protective variants of reactions of the organism and personality, variants of addictive behavior of persons suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder are determined. Information technology of self-assessment of physical, mental and social state of health by means of developed hardware-software “Express diagnostics of health” complex enabling to estimate integral health and its components using the applied questionnaire, is offered. The mental status of health determines the properties and strength of personality, which are important to consider and rely on in the process of rehabilitation of patients with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Conclusions. Availability of objective and subjective data on the state of health of a person with PTSD, including certain quantitative criteria for its health, as well as taking into account the information field of, which combines main exogenous stressors and their corresponding protective variants of organism reactions and variants of addictive behavior, gives the chance to analyze in detail its condition and compose individual programs of rehabilitation actions. At the same time, knowledge of a person’s character makes it possible with high probability to predict and, thus, adjust his expected actions and deeds. The use of developed hardware and software modules for health assessment in the case of PTSD will favor the effectiveness of rehabilitation measures.
Keywords: information technology, health self-assessment, mental health, personality character, methods of testing and diagnostics, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosocial and social rehabilitation.
- Diagnostic criteria DSM-III-R. Kyiv: Abris, 1995, 272 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Chaban O.S. Frankova I.A. Current trends in the diagnosis and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. NeuroNews: Psychoneurology and Neuropsychiatry. 2015, No. 2 (66), pp. 8–18. (in Russian).
- Post-traumatic stress disorder — diagnosis, therapy, rehabilitation: from the materials of the scientific-practical conference with international participation “Modern approaches to the diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation of post-traumatic stress disorders” (28th – 29th of May, Kharkiv). Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2015. Ukr. med. chasopis. 2015, No. 4 (108), VII / VIII, pp. 8–10. (in Russian).
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. GBOU VPO Rostov State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia. Rostov-on-Don: Publishing house of Rostov State Medical University, 2015, 624 р. (in Russian).
- Tarabrina N.V. Psychology of post-traumatic stress: theory and practice. Moscow: Publishing House Institute of Psychology RAS, 2009, 304 p. (in Russian).
- Tarabrina N.V., Lazebnaya E.O., Zelenova, M.E., Petrukhin E.V. Levels of subjective-personal perception and experience of “invisible” stress. Moscow: Medicine, 1996. (in Russian).
- Crystal John. Post-traumatic stress syndrome. September 14, 2016. URL: https://postnauka.ru/faq/68268. (in Russian).
- World Bank experts have assessed the mental health sector in Ukraine – a statement from the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated November 3, 2017. URL: https://moz.gov.ua/article/news/eksperti-svitovogo-banku-dali-ocinku-galuzi-psihichnogo-zdorovja-v-ukraini. (in Ukrainian).
- Comer Ronald. Pathopsychology of behavior: disorders and pathologies of the psyche / trans. with English, 4th ed., International. St. Petersburg: PRIME EUROZNAK, Moscow: OLMA-PRESS, 2005, 638 p. (in Russian).
- Jaspers Carl. General psychopathology. Moscow: Practice, 1997, 1056 р. (in Russian).
- Belov V.M., Kotova A.B. Human health: challenges, methods, approaches. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2017, 132 р. (in Russian).
- Belov V.M., Kotova A.B., Pustovoit O.G. Method of standardized unification of different quality information: utility model patent № 11235. Bull. №12. Publ. 12/15/2005. (in Ukrainian).
- Belov V.M., Kotova A.B., Dubovenko M. N., Kiforenko S.I. Computer program “System of express diagnostics of a state of health”: a certificate of registration of copyright law on the work №37242, Ukraine. – 04/03/2011. (in Ukrainian).
- Zotov V.P., Antomonov Yu.G., Kotova A.B., Belov V.M. Introduction to Wellness Rehabilitation. Kyiv: Madekol, RSPFN “Medicine-Ecology”, 1995, 181 p. (in Russian).
- Belov V.M. Structural and functional organization of the “I” system. Cybernetics and computing. 2006, Issue 152, pp.3-19. (in Russian).
- Raigorodsky D.Ya. (ed.-comp.). Psychology and psychoanalysis of character. A reader on psychology and typology of character. Samara: ВАХRAX, 1997, 640 р.
- Belov V.M., Hontar T.M., Semchinskaya E.I. Taking into account the state of the characterological component of a person in the synthesis of health self-government programs. Cybernetics and computing. 2009, Issue. 158, pp.3-10. (in Russian).