KVT, 2016, Issue 184, pp.56-72
INFORMATION SUPPORT FOR INTEROPERABILITY OF INSTRUMENTAL DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEMS AND LONG-TERM STORAGE SYSTEM OF DIGITAL MEDICAL IMAGES IN HEALTH CARE INSTITUTIONS
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
Introduction. The need of health care institutions in the repeated use of digital medical images by different specialists during patient care and long-term storage for the analysis of diagnostic information determines the relevance of this work.
The purpose of the article is to form technique for adapting the system of transmission and archiving of digital medical images according to the conditions of the health care institution.
Results. Analysis of medical image storage systems to select the specific software implementation according to the requirements of a particular medical institution was held. After testing and validation in working conditions PACS Conquest DICOM has been selected, its functionality has been verified. The technique of adapting the system for transmission and archiving of digital medical images has been developed, which includes an analysis of instrumental studies systems, installation of database components and configuration of PACS Conquest DICOM-server, connecting the instrumental studies systems and organization of access to digital medical images for medical personnel. Testing of the proposed technique was carried out at the National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery named by N. Amosov.
Conclusion. The possibility of implementation the free and multi-platform storage system with connection of multiple diagnostic systems for efficient analysis of DMC on each workstation and long-term storage DMC is provided as a result of using the proposed technique.
Keywords: digital medical imaging, standard DICOM, long-term storage.
- Kamenshchikov A.A. Interoperability in the field of e-health. Information Technologies and Computing Systems, 2009, № 5, pp. 67–71(in Russian).
- Robert Hoyt, Nora Bailey, Ann Yoshihashi. Health Informatics: Practical Guide for Healthcare and Information Technology Professionals (5th ed.). New York.: Lulu.com, 2012, 492p.
- EN ISO 12052:2011. Health informatics. Digital imaging and communication in medicine (DICOM) including workflow and data management. Available at: http://iso.org
- Oosterwijk Herman. DICOM Basics (3rd ed.). O Tech, 2005, pp. 23–28.
- Oosterwijk Herman. PACS Fundamentals (2nd ed.). O Tech, 2004, pp. 25–44.
- Dreyer K.J., Hirschorn D.S., Thrall J.H. PACS: A Guide to the Digital Revolution. London.: Springer, 2010, 596p., pp.249–269.