KVT, 2016, Issue 184, pp.25-44
ORGANIZATION OF INTELLIGENT HAND MOVEMENTS CONTROL TO RESTORE SPEECH
International Research and Training Center for Information Technologies and Systems of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
Introduction. Intelligent control is a function of organized systems, situationally adapted to provide for the operation to be constant. Main mechanisms for constant operation of biological systems are adaptation and homeostasis. We must keep in mind these mechanisms while designing biotechnical systems for control, maintenance or restoration of motor functions, damaged by pathology, as well as remember that speech movements are a type of voluntary movements.
The purpose is to develop information-structural and structural-functional models for organization of intelligent fine motor hand movements control to restore speech.
Methods. information — structural modeling, structural-functional modeling, first-order predicate logic, Unified Modeling Language.
Results. In this article we present information-structural and structural-functional models of intelligent hand movements control organization to restore speech for patients after the stroke (hemiparesis, motor aphasia, motor-sensory aphasia). The main components of the biotechnical system that organizes intelligent control are electronic devices for motor control TRENAR and PC with software-based information component. Its structural-functional model is described. The organism’s reserves activation to restore homeostasis of fine motor hand movements and speech realization is the final goal of control. Adequacy is considered as the best criterion for individual choice of control actions parameters and topology of their application. It is shown how different methods, training programs, and a set of training movements allow us to organize personally oriented situational control / training of hand movements for speech rehabilitation. The method for determining the combination of personal training options for hand and finger movements on the basis of production approach is developed. The software implementation of the method in the form of reduced expert system is described.
Conclusion. The main features of intelligent control organization are the assistance of situational goal to the final goal of control and knowledge-based control.
Keywords: intelligent control, adaptive control, homeostasis, organization, hand movements, speech restoration, modeling, computer complex, electronic devices, information component, production approach, reduced expert system.
- Nefedov V.P. Homeostasis at different levels of biological systems. Novosibirsk: “Nauka”. Siberian branch, 1991, 232 p. (in Russian).
- Romanov S.P. Neurophysiological mechanisms of motor functions homeostasis : thesis. Doctor in Biology: specialty. 03.00.13. St. Petersburg, 1989, 443 p. (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I. Biological and biotechnical system as a purposeful. Control System and Computers, 2005, № 3(197), pp.16–24 (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I. Bioinformatic technology of movements control as the direction of biological and medical cybernetics. Kibernetika i vyčislitelʹnaâ tehnika, 2013, № 174, pp. 56–70. (in Russian).
- Kadukov А.S., Chernikova L.A., Shakhparonova N.V. Rehabilitation of neurological patients Chapter 16. Speech disorders. М.: “MEDpress-inform”, 2008, pp. 369–384. (in Russian).
- Krakauer JW Arm function after stroke: from physiology to recovery. Semin Neurol. 2005 Dec; 25(4) — p. 384-395. (in English)
- Vovk M.I, Galyan Ye.B., Pidoprigora E.N., e.a. Sposib likuvannya movnukh porushen’ [The way to treat speech desorders]. Patent UA, A61N 1/36, no. 111388, 2016. (in Ukrainian).
- Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Restoring of motor component of speech based on muscle movement control. Theoretical grounding. Kibernetika i vyčislitelʹnaâ tehnika, 2012, № 167, pp.51–60. (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I., Galyan Ye.B. Pesonalized Biotechnical system to restore speech. Kibernetika i vyčislitelʹnaâ tehnika, 2015, №179, pp. 5–19. (in Russian).
- Gritsenko V.І., Kotova A.B., Vovk M.I., Kozak L.M. Information technology in biology and medicine. Lectures: Tutorial. Part 3 Biotechnological systems theory and its application, pp.285–340, Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2007, 381 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Koltsova М.М. Motor activity and development of the child’s brain functions. Мoscow: “Pedagogika”, 1973, 143 p. (in Russian).
- Varejkin Yu.P., Lastivka O.D., Lauta A.D. et.al. The formalization of medical information for automated solving the problem of treatment appointment. Medical and Biological Informatics: collection of scientific papers / the Editorial.: Amosov N.М. and etc. Kiev: VM Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of NAS of USSR, 1967, pp. 68–71 (in Russian).
- Prodeus A.N. Zakhrabova E.N. Expert systems in medicine. Kyiv: “VEK+”, 1998, 320 p. (in Russian).
- Solodovnikov I. V., Rogozin O.V., Pashchenko O.B. Decision theory: Tutorial. Moscow: Publishing house of the MSTU. Bauman, 2006. 52 p. (in Russian).
- Belova А.N., Shchepetova O.N. Scales, tests and questionnaires in medical rehabilitation: a guide for physicians and researchers. Мoscow: “Antidor”, 2002, 440 p. (in Russian).
- Vovk M.I., Peleshok S.R., Galian Ye.B. The method of assessment of motor and sensory speech disorders. Collected papers of scientific-information center “Knowledge” based on XІ International correspondence scientific-practical conference: «The development of science in the XXI century» part 3. Kharkiv: collected papers. D, 2016, pp. 70-76. (in Russian).