Kibern. vyčisl. teh., 2018, Issue 3 (193), pp.
Antomonov M.Y., DSc (Biology), Professor,
Chief Researcher of the Laboratory of Epidemiological Research and Medical Informatics
State Institution “O.M. Marzіeiev Institute for Public Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”, 50, Popudrenko str. Кyiv, 02660
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR CONSTRUCTING THE COMPOSITE INDICES FOR DATA OF DIFFERENT TYPES USED IN MEDICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Introduction. Information technologies used in medical and environmental researches often deal wiht huge amounts of information processing. These technologies allow us to identify and investigate previously hidden dependencies and interactions in complex environmental, medical and biological systems, and on the other hand, it is accompanied by the analysis of large data sets, some of which (sometimes most of them) have an uninformative (noisy) character. One of the ways of solving this problem are the methods of constructing composite indices (CI), i.e. complex indicators, which allow to perform an integral assessment of the state and functioning of ecological, medical and biological systems.
The purpose of the paper is to develop a generalized information technology for constructing composite indices for different types of data used in medical and environmental studies.
Results. Medical and ecological researches include two main components: analysis of the states of both human health and of the environment; in solving such problems it is necessary to evaluate and analyze the state of the bioobject according to the data of different types: quantitative, rank, binary and qualitative variables. The developed general information technology is oriented on supporting the solution of a wide range of medical and hygienic tasks and integrates various approaches to processing and analysing of data of different types. Proposed technology consists of four stages: the formation and initial analysis of an initial indicators set, the calculation and normalization for obtainig unnamed equivalents, the actual design of the composite indices, and their verification. The implementation of this technology makes it possible to compare data of different dimensions, determine the significance of specific characteristics in a general research totality, to evaluate the integral state and to classify the research objects.
Conclusion. The proposed information technology for the construction of composite indices based on data of different types: quantitative, rank, binary and qualitative variables, is an effective tool for determining and comparing the state of bioobjects of different nature, and its use makes it possible to avoid mistakes in the incorrect application of mathematical methods for processing medical and ecological information.
Keywords: information technology, composite indicators, processing medical and ecological quantitative, rank, binary and qualitative variables.
1. Suter, E, et al. Indicators and Measurement Tools for Health Systems Integration: A Knowledge Synthesis. International Journal of Integrated Care, 2017; 17 (6): 4, 1–17. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/ijic.3931
2. T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani, J. Friedman. The elements of statistical learning / data mining, inference, and Prediction. Second edition, 12th printing 2017, 745 p.
3. Antomonov M.Yu., Voloshchuk E.V. Constructing integral indicators of quantitative characteristics using one-dimensional and multidimensional statistical methods. Kibernetika i vyčislitel’naâ tehnika. 2012. Iss. 167. P. 61–68 (in Russian).
4. Mikheienko О.І. Integrated method for assessing the health of the human body. Pedahohika, psykholohiya ta medyko-biolohichni problemy fizychnoho vykhovannya i sportu. 2011. Iss. 6. P. 93–101 (in Ukrainian).
5. Apanasenko G.L. Diagnosis of individual health. Gigiyena i sanitariya. 2004. Iss. 1. P. 55–58 (in Russian).
6. Merkov A.M., Polyakov L.E. Sanitary statistics (manual for doctors). Moscow: Meditsina, 1974. 384 p. (in Russian).
7. Bulich E.G., Muravov I.V. Human health: The biological basis of vital activity and motor activity in its stimulation. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya literatura, 2003. 424 p. (in Russian).
8. Apanasenko G.L. The book is about health. Kiev: Medkniga, 2007. 132 p. (in Russian).
9. Bezruk V.V. Anthropometry. Assessment of physical development of children. Methods of evaluation: methodical instructions for practical classes for students of the third year of medical faculty (specialty “medical psychology”). Chernivtsi, 2008. 19 p. (in Ukrainian).
10. Verevina M.L., Rusakov N.V., Zhukova T.V, Gruzdeva O.A. Assessment of the incidence of the population, depending on living conditions. Gigiyena i sanitariya. 2010. Iss. 1. P. 21–25. (in Russian)
11. Bolshakov A.M., Krutko V.N. Integral health indicators and complex systems for their evaluation. Gigiyena i sanitariya. 2011. Iss. 6. P. 51 52 (in Russian).
12. Medic V.A., Tokmachev M.S. Manual on Health and Health Statistics. Moscow: Meditsina, 2009. 527 p. (in Russian).
13. Shekera O.G. Health: Basic terms and indicators. Zdorovʺya suspilʹstva. 2011. Iss. 1. P. 26–31 (in Russian).
14. Krivova O.A., Kozak L.M. Comprehensive assessment of regional demographic development. Kibernetika i vyčislitel’naâ tehnika. 2015. Iss. 182. pp. 70–84. (in Russian).
15. Rogozinskaya N.S., Kozak L.M. Mathematical models for the dynamics of statistical indicators for the study of the health status of the population in terms of cancer incidence. Kibernetika i vyčislitel’naâ tehnika. 2011, Iss 166. P. 85–96. (in Russian).
16. GOST 2874-82 Drinking water. Hygienic requirements and quality control. — Enter. 85-01-01. Moscow: Izdatel’stvo standartov, 1985. 6 p. (in Russian).
17. Turbinsky V.V., Maslyuk A.I. The risk to the public health of the chemical composition of drinking water. Hygiene and sanitation. 2011. Iss. 2. P. 23–27. (in Russian).
18. Gnevashev M.V. Statistical methods for assessing the state of water bodies on a set of ecosystem indicators for water protection purposes. Ekaterinburg, 2006. 42 p. (in Russian).
19. Belogokrov V.P., Lozannsky V.R., Pesina S.A. Application of generalized indicators for assessing the level of contaminated water bodies. Integrated assessment of surface water quality. StPb .: Gidrometeoizdat, 2001. 34 p. (in Russian).
20. Index of atmospheric pollution (IZA) URL: http://moreprom.ru/article.php?id=56. [Last accessed: 08.06.2018] (in Russian).
21. Kakareka S.V. Estimation of total air pollution. Geografiya i prirodnyye resursy. 2012. Iss. 2. P. 14–20 (in Russian).
22. Pinigin M.A. Hygienic basis for assessing the degree of air pollution. Hygiene and sanitation. 1993. Iss. 7. P. 4–8 (in Russian).
23. Antonomov M.Yu. Mathematical processing and analysis of medico-biological data 2 ed. — Kiev: MEDC “Medinform”, 2018. 579 p. (in Russian)
24. Saati T.L. Adoption of decisions. The method of analyzing hierarchies. Moscow: Radio i svyaz’, 1989. 316 p. (in Russian).