1. General statement
The editorial policy of the Journal is based on the recommendations of the ethics of scientific publications developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (https://publicationethics.org/) and complies with current requirements of Ukrainian legislation with regard to copyright and plagiarism.
- Editorial policy
- Promoting high academic and ethic standards by double-blind peer review and following the best practice recommendations.
- Promoting transparency of the reviewing by applying publicly available review form and prescribed process.
- Facilitating access to the research results for Ukrainian and international research community by (1) providing structured abstracts in English/Ukrainian; (2) ensuring open access to the full texts; (3) supporting the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC ) (4) processing and publishing the papers free of charge.
- Ensuring unbiased consideration of all submissions following the established procedure.
- Using a License agreement to regulate authorship, copyright, intellectual property right and potential conflict of interest issues..
- Implementing mechanisms to correct the paper in case the errors or misconduct has been revealed after the publication.
- Ethical principles
The Editorial Board expects from the authors the compliance with the following principles:
* originality of the research;
* reliable results and infallibility of the data;
* an objective discussion of the significance of the research;
* recognition of the contribution of others, proper referencing of the other’s work;
* avoidance of unnecessary self-referencing and extension of the list of references;
* provision of confidential information only upon clear permission of the owner/source;
* availability of the permission of the third party to use their content (including images) in the publication;
* acknowledgement of all essential contributors of the research results reported in the paper;
* approval of the final version of the paper by all the co-authors and their written consent to publish it;
* immediate reporting to the Editorial board about significant errors or inaccuracies in the publication.
The reviewer and Editorial Board members should observe the following principles when evaluating the article for publication:
* providing objective evaluation based solely on academic merit of the work and aimed at improving the quality of the text;
* informing the Executive Editor about potential conflict of interest and suspicion of plagiarism;
* notifying the Executive Editor if the review cannot be finished on time or the paper does not fit the area of competence;
* treating the paper under review as confidential information;
* drawing attention to the missed references, excess of references and substantial repetition of already published results.
It is the Editorial Board responsibility to handle issues related to possible authors’ or reviewers’ misconduct. The Journal uses Plagiarisma and other services for potential plagiarism check.
- Copyright and copying
All articles published in the Journal are freely available under CC-BY-NC License from the following websites:
– Journal Cybernetics and Computer Engineering: http://kvt-journal.org.ua ;
– V.I. Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine http://www.nbuv.gov.ua
Recommended bibliographic record may be found at the very end of each article.